Counter top template checklist
Before we can come out to create a template for your counter tops, the following items must be completed:
- Base cabinets must be installed.
- Plywood sub-top installed. 5/8″ thickness is typical for 1.5″ edging. Ornate edges may have different sub-top guidelines, so check with us first if you are considering something fancy!
- Undermount sinks need to be in the sub-top.
- Appliances need to be onsite.
- Specific overhangs need to be decided upon, as well as island and peninsula overhangs.
- Edge detail needs to be picked out.
We highly recommend that either you or your contractor be onsite during the template creation process as we typically have other specific questions related to sink reveals, inside corner shapes, and other fabrication preferences. The difference between ‘nice’ and ‘WOW’ is the template!
Need help with the prep? Stoneman can be hired to do the work. Give us a call for current rates.